2012 Brings New Experiences During Disney’s 17th Annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Once again, it is that time of year to be excited about! Service This talked about it last year and once again, here we are again in 2012. The Epcot International Food and Wine Festival is once again going to be a great time. It truly is one of the most unique vacation experiences of all time. If you are new to the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival then you are in for a treat.
The festival takes place at Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, FL. The festival features food and wine from different countries around the world. Each location features a kiosk that will produce small plates of authentic dishes from that country. Along with the food selections at the kiosk you will also find a wine or even beer beverage paired up with the flavor of that dish and country.
At this festival there is definitely something for everyone. If you are looking for tips on enjoying this festival, read this.
Last year featured delicious Kahlua Pork Sliders from Hawaii, and of course the delicious Beer Cheddar Soup in Canada. In addition to all that food and wine, the world showcase has beer gardens for your enjoyment. Each garden has a variety of delicious beers from around the world. Top that off with fun entertainment to dance and sing the night away!
In the weeks ahead, Disney will most likely announce the signature experiences that you can enjoy for an extra fee. Ussually every year Disney hosts Party for the Senses, a unique all inclusive experience featuring live entertainment, food, wine and more.
If that is not enough, many restaurants around the WDW property host F+W events along side Epcot. Stay tuned for more information.
New for this year at the 2012 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival.
” ~Disney Parks Blog
- Two new festival marketplaces: TERRA Marketplace offers vegan menu items, including Trick’n Chick’n Curry with Basmati Rice and Chili Colorado with House-Made Chips and Cashew Cheese. The FLORIDA Marketplace introduces fresh twists on regional flavors. There are more than 25 ethnic and regional marketplaces in all.
- Feel like a VIP with Marketplace Chef Tours. Each Wednesday, festival chefs host a walking-and-tasting tour around World Showcase with stops at several international marketplaces. You get to taste five marketplace dishes and five beverage items, like beer, wine and cocktails – and learn a few culinary secrets.
- More kid-friendly tastes. Kids of all ages can try inventive new sips during the family’s marketplace dine-around. Pair with yummy bites like beef empanadas and cheese fondue (new this year).
- Don’t miss (free) Eat to the Beat! Check out pop acts like Smash Mouth (October 11-12) and Javier Colon, winner of “The Voice” (October 13-14). With 18 different bands, look for Blues Traveler (November 5-6) and Dennis DeYoung, original member of STYX (November 7-8). Night Ranger kicks off the concert series September 28-30, and other returning fan favorites include Boyz II Men, The Pointer Sisters, Sister Hazel and Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.
- Back for an encore: look for HGTV designers, celeb chefs, culinary demos and wine seminars, and special culinary programs – more than 270 chefs are showing off for the festival. And, yes, the fab Party for the Senses returns October 6, 13, 20, 27 and November 3.
Disney Parks Blog
Share your thoughts, post a comment.
You must be logged in to post a comment.